Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bee vs. Moth- Acronyms (2010)

Way back when on my best of 2010 list, I said I planned on posting this album soon. Suffice to say my definition of soon is a bit more loose than most's. I believe I described this album as "a multi-genre escapade based on a foundation of Latin jazz." That's about as well as I can describe it. It's all instrumental, featuring mainly horns of various sorts with a solid rhythm section and sometimes makes room for a guitar to sneak in. You never know quite what to anticipate from this album. A polka-sounding march can give way to an 80s guitar riff, and all the while it makes you want to sing "Babalu."

What not to expect from this album: A multi-genre masterpiece that seamlessly bridges various styles of music into a pleasing, perfect sound.

What to expect from this album: A silly mixture of sounds that will sometimes make you smile and sometimes make you scratch your head. But you'll be glad you listened to it, even if only to have the knowledge that it has, in fact, been listened to.


Buy

1 comment:

  1. The band has requested that Mediafire remove the upload. If you want to preview the album, you can listen to a couple songs on the band's website. As always we encourage you to buy anything you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete