Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Resignation and a Relatively Short Goodbye

Well, this is it.

A little over a year ago, we started this blog with little expectations except to share music with our friends on IGN. We essentially made it as a little project that grew out of a thread that gauged interest as to how many would like to see a music blog from other IGN users. As someone who's always had an interest in writing and is studying journalism in college, I signed up immediately to write.

When the site was created late on June 30th, 2010, it started quietly but began to grow over the next month, garnering around 3,750 views of the site. As someone who's never owned or been the administrator of a site before, I thought this was pretty neat even if it wasn't a high number.

I had no idea that, despite a large dive in activity, we'd garner 34,000 views in June this year and accumulate 118,000 views over the past year.

For that, I'd like to thank every single one of you who's checked out this site because you've helped us make improvements. You've helped me improve my writing. You've helped us all, certainly.

To those readers, I want to apologize. I want to apologize for the lack of activity from me and the other writers. I know I could have done a better job. Because I don't have nearly any time for LPC anymore, I've decided to resign from the site and leave The Red Agent as your lone administrator.

I'm doing this because of changes in my personal life (nothing bad, though; it's for the better), because I'm leaving IGN at the same time, and because of many other variables. I don't really want to leave the site, but it's time that I give up my position to a more deserving writer who wants to contribute and make LPC an active site again.

I don't have any regrets of my time on the site because all of you made it fun. Thanks for helping me become a better writer and (hopefully) reading the posts I've made on here.

34,000 views? 118,000 over a full year? I never would've imagined it. Thanks so much. I'll see you guys at a later point, hopefully sometime in December.

-cedar

I have a Twitter and I post about music from time to time
Last.fm
RYM

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for creating this Cedar and best of luck with your endeavors. I hope you'll keep reading the blog and hopefully things pick up a bit. Peter Cetera sends his love in return, wherever he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little late here but I want to echo what Tweeds said. Thanks for making this blog; it really was a great idea and I think we made it work for a while. I apologize for being one of the ones who quit on it.

    ReplyDelete