Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Small Black - New Chain (2010)



It isn't often that a band wins me over with just one song. Usually I'll need the full album to really get into a group. This was not the case with Small Black, another chillwave/psych-pop group from the Northeast.

"Despicable Dogs", the first track from their fantastic self-titled EP released last year, was one of the best tracks I gave listens to in 2009 (it currently sits as the third-most listened to track in the last twelve months on my Last.fm page) and is still held in regard by myself as one of the best chillwave tracks released so far if not the absolute best.

Their debut LP, "New Chain", is more of the same new wave-style beats and synths, with standouts such as "Search Party" and "Photojournalist". If you're into artists like Washed Out, MillionYoung, and Toro y Moi, you're in for a treat.

Try it
Buy it
MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment