Saturday, July 17, 2010

The '59 Sound- The Gaslight Anthem (2008)

The Gaslight Anthem are a rock and roll band from New Brunswick, New Jersey. Now I saw some talk about them last night on The Vesti so I decided I would post this album for you guys and gals. The '59 Sound in my opinion is The Gaslight Anthem's best album. These guys are heavily influenced by the man they base their music on, Bruce Springsteen. After playing with Springsteen on tour at Glastonbury Festival. Album sales increased 200%.

eMusic named The '59 Sound the best album of 2008. Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones does guest vocals on the song The Patient Ferris Wheel. So if you like Bruce Springsteen or old time rock and roll. Give The Gaslight Anthem a try. My experience with them happened when I went to see Rise Against at a local venue. I was blown away by their music. I loved it. I bought the album at the show and I'd say it's very well in my top 10 of all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment