Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dirtybird Beats - Don't Forget The Magic

I've been procrastinating on writing this one for awhile so I'm glad I can finally get to it. Enter Dirtybird Beats. I can't remember exactly how I ended up on this guy's bandcamp site, but I'm sure as hell glad I did.

The album Don't Forget The Magic is a "seven song instrumental ep, that showcases some of (his) best work to date." - DBB. I am personally a big fan of instrumental tracks in this vein because they don't have that horrible distraction called lyrics messing up your vibe. Lol I kid, but still they let you add your own pictures and words allowing you to give meaning to the track. There isn't a point in saying what I think the different tracks mean, but I still got a very anime-ish (coming soon to scrabble dictionaries) feeling to it. Kind of reminiscent to Nujabes' work if you ask me.

So listen to this EP if you need some chill music in your life, you want to try a little something new, or you need something to blaze up to, or all three if you're feeling crazy lol. This bite-sized compilation of good music should be more than enough to satiate your appetite.

Acquire it, FOR FREE!

Check out his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment