Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ida Maria- Fortress Round My Heart (2008)


Ida Maria Børli Sivertsen is a Norwegian rock musician who goes by her stage name Ida Maria. Now you probably wonder, why did I decide to seek out Ida Maria. Well it's kind of a funny story.

Ok for those of you who got the joke, give yourself a pat on the back. It all started when I saw the trailer for It's Kind Of A Funny Story. In the trailer was the song Oh My God by Ida Maria. I did not know this until I did some research. Hearing the full song, I was hooked. The lyrics were so simple but so infectious you can't help but sing along. "Oh my god, you think I'm in control? Oh my god, you think it's all for fun, Oh my god, you think I'm in control. Oh my god, you think it's all for fun". The album begins with Oh My God, this girl is definitely indie. This is an indie rock album. She has a wonderful voice in my opinion, probably due in part to her accent which with it , she still speaks perfectly good English. This is a wonderful album, it good clean fun along with some folk rock flair, some of these songs are stripped down acoustics. Overall a very good indie rock album from this Norwegian rocker. Now this is her only album, but I hope we get to hear from her again. Highlights of this album are Oh My God, Morning Light, and I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked. A great debut album for what should be a great career for Ida Maria.

Also look on youtube for a collaboration version of Oh My God she did with Iggy Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment